Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The company, its employees and agents, as described filled out by applicant on this application, is herein referred to as Exhibitor. The Eugene Comic Con, LLC, show management, is herein referred to as EUCON. The Eugene Comic Con event, is herein referred to as the Exhibition. If you are approved to exhibit at EUCON, this application shall act as a License to do so as long as the terms and conditions outlined herein and elsewhere are met by Exhibitor. All rules, regulations, and conditions printed on this License or any attachments hereto and elsewhere, may be amended from time to time, are made a part of and fully incorporated herein, and Exhibitor agrees to be bound by such. To ensure you fully understand your rights and financial obligations, carefully read the Cancellation Policy. The cancellation policy shall be strictly enforced.
1. CANCELLATION POLICY: In the event Exhibitor seeks to withdraw from the Exhibition, written notice must be given to EUCON via certified mail, return receipt requested. Notice must include the date of cancellation, withdrawal or any downsize in Exhibitor space and the post mark shall serve as the date of notice. Cancellation before September 1, 2018 entitles you to a refund of 50% of your total payment. Any cancellation after September 1, 2018 shall result in your entire payment forfeited and no refund shall be due. Exhibitor agrees to not file any complaint or attempt to reverse charges with any bank, payment provider, credit card company, or other financial institute in an attempt to circumvent this agreement. Should Exhibitor file such a complaint, Exhibitor agrees to pay EUCON the original amount of their exhibit space, plus $200.00 (USD), and $50 per hour EUCON spends addressing the complaint with a minimum of 2 hours payment.
2. EXHIBITS and MATERIALS: EUCON reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any Exhibitor and/or product for display. Only the sign of Exhibitor may be placed on the booth or in the printed list of exhibitors of the Exhibition. No advertising will be allowed beyond the space allotted to Exhibitor, or above the back and side rails of exhibit space.
ADULT MATERIAL: Exhibitor agrees not to sell or distribute any adult material to minors. All adults only material must be either behind the table or, if displayed on a table or display rack, bagged and covered so that minors may not open or view it. Any adult material depicting nudity must be covered up. Adult videos and magazines shall not be displayed openly. A tasteful sign may be posted to let customers know you carry merchandise of this type.
BOOTLEG/COUNTERFEIT MATERIAL: EUCON does not allow counterfeit or bootleg materials of any kind. Possession or sale of these materials is at your own risk and is a crime in Oregon as outlined under ORS 647.135, Trademark Counterfeiting.
EXHIBIT BOOTH/TABLE: Exhibitor agrees that its exhibit shall be admitted and shall remain from day to day solely by strict compliance with these rules. EUCON reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any exhibit in whole or in part, or Exhibitor or any of Exhibitor’s representatives upon EUCON’s determination that the same is not in accordance with these rules and regulations. Exhibitor agrees to maintain a professional appearing, clean, and orderly booth and to not block any isles or fire regulated areas.
BOOTH/TABLE, PERSONNEL and ATTIRE: EUCON reserves the right to determine whether the character and/or attire of booth personnel are acceptable for attendees. Shoes and shirts are required at all times, wearing pants/shorts goes without saying. Your placement at Exhibition is at the sole discretion of EUCON and placement is not guaranteed or reserved. Your placement on any floor plan provided to you is subject to change without notice up to and including during the Exhibition.
CONDUCT: All exhibitors are subject to all EUCON and Exhibition rules including our strict no tolerance policy for harassment. EUCON will not tolerate any behavior deemed inappropriate toward other exhibitors, attendees, EUCON staff or volunteers, or special guests.
3. LIMITATION of LIABILITY: Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless EUCON, the Exhibition, and the sponsor(s), owner(s), exhibition hall facility, and city and county in which Exhibition is being held, and each of their respective officers, agents and employees, against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) and charges of every kind arising out of or resulting from any execution of this License or occupancy of the space contracted for by reason of personal injuries, death, property damages or any other cause sustained by any persons or others.
EUCON shall not be responsible for loss or damage to displays or goods belonging to Exhibitor under any circumstances, whether resulting from fire, storms, acts of God, air conditioning or heating failure, theft, pilferage, mysterious disappearance, bomb threats or any other cause(s). All items brought to the Exhibition are displayed at Exhibitor’s own risk, and should be safeguarded at all times.
EUCON will provide the services of a reputable protective agency and/or EUCON staff during the period of installation, show, and dismantling, and Exhibitor agrees that the provision of such services constitutes adequate discharge of all obligations of EUCON to supervise and protect Exhibitor’s property within the Exhibition. Exhibitors may furnish additional guards at their own cost and expense and only with prior approval by EUCON. Exhibitor is advised to see that its regular company insurance includes extraterritorial coverage, and that it has its own theft, public liability, and property damage insurance.
Exhibitor agrees that EUCON shall not be liable in the event of any omission(s) or error(s) in Exhibitor’s directory listing(s) or in any promotional material. EUCON makes no representations or warranties with respect to the number of attendees or the demographic nature of any such attendees. All scheduled guests including celebrities, artists, writers, and others are subject to cancellation and/or change and EUCON makes no warranties or representations with respect to any guest appearances.
4. DEFAULT: If Exhibitor’s booth is not occupied by the time set for completion of installation of displays, the space may be possessed by EUCON for any purpose it may deem fit. If Exhibitor breaches any of its obligations or covenants under this License, including without limitation any Exhibition rule or regulation promulgated pursuant to this License, EUCON may, without notice, terminate this License. In the event of such default, EUCON may thereupon direct Exhibitor to immediately remove its employees or agents, and all of its articles of merchandise and other personal property from the Exhibition Hall. Your payment will also be forfeited.
5. EXHIBIT BOOTH USAGE: Exhibitor shall not sub-license, assign or otherwise permit any person or entity to occupy Exhibitor’s booth, or any part thereof, or use the booth for the exhibition of anything not specified in this License. Exhibitor may not permit non-exhibiting companies’ representatives to conduct business on the exhibit floor or in its booth without the express written permission of EUCON. In the case of multiple parties sharing one exhibit space, the name of the person that appears on this contract assumes full responsibility for that space and the conduct of anyone occupying, conducting business in, or conducting business anywhere on any Exhibition grounds including, but not limited to, the exterior of the building(s) and parking lot(s). EUCON rulings in its sole discretion shall in all instances be final with regard to use of any exhibit space.
6. DAMAGE to PROPERTY, CLEANING: Exhibitor is liable for any damage caused to building floors, walls or columns, or to standard booth equipment, or to other exhibitors‘ property. Exhibitor may not apply paint, lacquer, adhesives, or other coating to building columns and floors or to standard booth equipment. Exhibitor will be held accountable for any costs associated with excessive clean-up of their booth at a rate as set forth by the exhibition facility management. No airbrushing or use of other materials requiring ventilation are allowed, no use of any noxious materials allowed.
7. SPECIAL SERVICES: Electricity, Internet, telephone, as well as other special services needed by individual exhibitors, are provided only when the exhibitor orders and agrees to pay for them directly to the persons authorized to supply such services in conformity with all rules and regulations, insurance and other requirements. EUCON makes no guarantee or warranty as to the quality of any such services.
8. BOOTH REPRESENTATIVES: Booth representatives shall at all times wear identification furnished by EUCON. EUCON may at any time limit the number of booth representatives. All booths must be staffed by Exhibitor during all hours the show is open, as well as during setup and take-down.
9. ELECTRICAL SAFETY: All wiring on any displays or display fixtures must conform to applicable standards established by various governmental agencies and standard fire inspection ordinances. All display wiring must exhibit the seal and/or such other seals of official approving agencies as may be required at the site of the Exhibition. All wiring, displays, display fixtures and other items are subject to inspection by the Fire Marshal.
10. SAFETY, LIGHTING, FIRE LAWS: All applicable fire and safety laws and regulations shall be strictly observed by Exhibitor. All cloth decorations must be flameproof. Wiring must comply with local Fire Department and Underwriters’ Rules. Smoking in exhibits is forbidden, including e-cigarettes, vaping, or any other similar forms of smoking devices. Crowding will be restricted and aisles and fire exits must not be blocked by exhibits. No decorations of paper, pine boughs, leafy decorations or tree branches are allowed. Acetate and most rayon drapes are not flameproof and may be prohibited. Do not encroach on any aisles boarding your booth. Fire extinguishers, hose cabinets, fire exits or fire alarms, or any fire fighting or fire prevention equipment cannot be blocked or covered. All decorations must be flame retardant or FR rated. They are subject to a random flame test by the Fire Marshal. Acceptable materials will not hold a flame. Materials can be manufacturer certified or may be treated with a flame retardant. Wood less than one-quarter inch thick must be treated. In most cases, floor coverings are the exception; table coverings are excepted if they do not overhang the table by more than 6-inches.
Booth storage is allowed so long as all boxes, cardboard, packing materials, debris and waste are removed prior to the opening of the show. Your booth must be kept clean during the show. Your booth is subject to inspection by EUCON staff. All items stored at your booth must be kept tight and orderly. All extension cords must be a minimum of 14 gauge, 3 wire and grounded. Ties or cable clamps must be used when running any cord. Lightweight extension cords are strictly not allowed. Power strips are approved for additional outlet plugs (cube tabs are not allowed and power strips cannot be linked together). All cords, strips, and plugs must have UL labeling and all lighting must be UL labeled and must be used consistent with design. All exhibit space is subject to random inspection and relocation by the Fire Marshal.
11. SOUND REGULATION, VIDEO, MUSIC: Exhibitor acknowledges that any live or recorded performances of music or video(s) by or on behalf of Exhibitor at the Exhibition must be licensed from the copyright owner or its agent. Exhibitor warrants to EUCON that it will take full responsibility for obtaining any necessary licenses to play or perform such music or video and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EUCON from any damages or expenses incurred by EUCON due to Exhibitor’s use or authorization of use of such music. Mechanical or electrical devices which produce sound must be operated so as not to disturb other exhibitors, attendees, or guests. EUCON reserves the right to determine the placement and acceptable sound level of all such devices, and may determine at what point sound constitutes interference with others and must be discontinued.
12. RESOLUTION of DISPUTES: In the event of a dispute or disagreement between Exhibitor and an official contractor, or between two or more exhibitors, all interpretations of the rules governing the Exhibition, actions, or decisions concerning any dispute or disagreement by EUCON intended to resolve the dispute or disagreement shall be binding on Exhibitor.
13. CARE and REMOVAL of EXHIBITS: EUCON will maintain the cleanliness of all aisles. Exhibitor must, at its own expense, keep exhibits clean and in good order. All exhibits must remain fully intact until the Exhibition has officially ended. Disturbing or tearing down an exhibit prior to the official closing hour of the Exhibition can result in a refusal by EUCON to accept or process exhibit space applications for subsequent exhibitions.
Exhibits must be removed from the building by the time specified in the Exhibitors Guide or time as otherwise set by EUCON. In the event Exhibitor fails to remove its exhibit in the allotted time, EUCON reserves the right, at Exhibitor’s expense, to ship the exhibit through a carrier of EUCON’s choosing or to place the exhibit in a storage warehouse subject to Exhibitor’s disposition or to make such other disposition of the exhibit as it may deem desirable at the expense of the Exhibitor and without any liability to EUCON.
14. AMENDMENT to RULES: Any matters not specifically covered by this license shall be subject solely to the decision of EUCON and EUCON shall have full power in the matter of interpretation, amendment and enforcement of all said rules and regulations.
15. WEAPONS and EXPLOSIVES: Functional firearms, projectile weapons, explosives, fireworks, firecrackers, chemical weapons, sharpened metal blade weapons, blunt weapons, realistic replica firearms, or other items that could purposefully or accidentally cause injury shall not be allowed at the Exhibition unless approved in writing by EUCON. EUCON reserves the right to determine what a weapon or explosive is. Exhibitors selling any bladed weapons shall carry liability insurance and provide proof of such insurance to EUCON upon request.
16. LAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS: Exhibitor agrees to abide by all laws, rules, and regulations as set forth by EUCON, governmental agencies, and the exhibition facility.
17. LICENSE ACCEPTANCE: Deposit of your check/payment does not constitute acceptance of this License. This License shall not be binding until accepted and approved by EUCON. You must receive confirmation from EUCON that your application has been accepted. EUCON, at its discretion, shall determine your eligibility to exhibit at the show.
18. INTEGRATION of LICENSE: This License may not be orally modified. Only an agreement in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of the party against whom enforcement of any waiver or modification is sought will be enforceable.